Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flood '09

We have been getting a BOAT LOAD of rain here lately, which has turned into what everyone is referring to as Flood 09. This flood has completely ruined houses, schools, buildings, and even roads. We were lucky, and did not get any water IN the house, and no standing water in the yard. Paulding County Schools have been closed all week for the flooding, mainly due to closed roads. At the enterance to our subdivision, I have been seeing this sign...
So of course, Cooper and I got curious. So we went around the sign to see what the deal was... and came to this...
Hmmm Dirt piles... that still didn't stop us. Coop and I parked the car, walked around the "mud pile", and kept on walkin'. We didn't walk all the way down the road, as there were people down there trying to make repairs.
However, after searching the internet, I came across these pictures of the spot in question. (Thank you WSBTV for the great pics!!). The following picture was taken DURING the storm...
And this is the aftermath.... Cooper saw this pic and asked "Who bwoke that road!??!"

So, as it turns out, the road really was closed for good reason. I just thought someone was jackin' with me, and wanted me to drive all over Paulding County to get anywhere. I was proven wrong. :)

No comments: