Thursday, March 5, 2009

to Smart for Mommy and Daddy's own good...

Daddy and I (and Gwamma too) have been working on Coops grammar. Trying to get him to use complete sentences - without his reply being "complete sentence". he's been doing GREAT!
"Mommy can I pwease have a sucker?"
"Daddy, can Lightning McQueen PWEASE sleep inside?!" - Daddy always agrees to this one!
We've been telling him that if he asks nicely, he's more likely to get what he wants. (This probably wasn't the right thing to tell him, but who cares, he's our only so we can spoil him!)

Well that backfired on me the other morning.
I went in to coops room at normal time to wake him up. I quietly go in there, put my hand on his tiny little back, and say "Coop its time to get up buddy." He lifts his head up slowly, looks right at me, and says "No Thank you mommy. I wanna sleep alllll day."

Alrighty then.

Mommy and Daddy were a little late to work that day. =)

2 comments:

Trav said...

it is kind of a pain luggin a 40lb RaceCar in the house... :)

Cam said...

I say that each morning. No one is there to say ok. I hate myself and want to die.