Friday, March 12, 2010

First Day Of School

We've enrolled Cooper into Discovery Point, where he will go to "school" every Wednesday and Thursday. This was his first week. Wednesday morning he woke up, we got dressed, and when we got downstairs, Cooper had me fix his hair. He said he didn't want his friends to laugh at him. I fixed it right up, and Daddy and Cooper took off. The original plan was for ME to take him, however I couldn't do it. Instead i followed, and parked across the street - crying like a little baby. I'm actually surprised someone didn't call the police! Daddy took this pic of Cooper eating breakfast... (He was one of just a few kids there at 7:15am)
I did good all day, and didn't call at all to check on him. (it was HARD though!!). I left work at exactly 4:30, and drove as fast as I could to pick him up. I got there at 5 on the dot. As soon as I walked into his class, he ran over, gave me a huge hug, and with tears streaming down his face, said "I missed you!! I wanted you and you didn't come!!". Yes, it compeltely broke my heart. He then told me that his heart hurted all day. :( Poor Peanut!!!!!!!! I tried to keep it upbeat - asking him what he did, who his friends were, and all that jazz. The only thing he was worried about was his backback and getting home. I took this picture of him when I got him all buckled in the car...
He wouldn't really talk to me in the car except to say "I missed you". He was a little better when we were sittin on the couch waiting for Daddy to get home. He even told us he had a girlfriend named "Fabio". I really hope he made that up - sounds pretty sketchy to me.
Unfortunately these three pics are the only ones we got. I was too busy trying to hold myself together. :) Day two was actually worse. Daddy had to bring him again, but Cooper was SO upset before we left the house. He said he didn't want to go to school, he just wanted to go to Gwammas PWEASE. I told Travis that it was a good thing I didn't take him, I would have driven straight to Gwamma's house. Grandma picked him up from school at noon - so he wasn't there all day. I'm really hoping next week will be easier... hopefully the weather will be nice and the kids will be able to play outside instead of being stuck inside.

No comments: