Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!

That's right, It's a GIRL!!! We have a new member of our family! She is an 8 week old Blue Great Dane pup. We've named her Dallas. Her birthdate is 06/21/2010. Two nights before we picked her up, we hit Pet Co for some supplies. We purchased dog collars (2 of them, cuz our baby girl WILL grow fast), a leash, and two ginormous food/water dishes. Cooper even picked out a couple toys for "his new puppy". We got to the cash register, and Cooper told the lady, "I'm getting a new baby puppy. She's REALLLY tiny". The cashier thought it was hilarious that we were buying HUGE dishes for this "tiny" puppy. Too cute. Sunday morning we woke up SUPER early to head down by the Atlanta Airport to meet our new baby. We were supposed to meet at 7:30 OUR time, however the breeder meant to tell me HER time (they live in Alabama), so needless to say, the hour and half we waited, seemed to last FOREVER. Here are a few pics of Cooper patiently waiting.
Boy was Cooper excited when the breeders arrived. They had a total of 4 puppies with them; ours and 3 others - which were flying to Pennsylvania, New York, and Delaware. Cooper LOVED Dallas from the minute he layed eyes on her. He even told the breeder "my bwentee is up in heaven (as he points to the sky). He was sick, will my new puppy get sick??" (our poor child is too smart) I thought Debbie was going to cry, but she told Cooper that our puppy will not get sick, and that she will be his best friend in the whole world. Cooper seemed happy with that answer. After we set her in the back with Cooper, I tried to take a pic... but Cooper told me "Dawwas" doesn't like her picture taken. Thats why his cute little hand is in the pic. He was "blocking" her from my camera. (What a goofball)
He was really excited that his new puppy was sitting in the back with him watching Spongebob. I didn't take anymore pics in the car, as Cooper told me I was scaring her. It was free game though when we got home.
She sure is a pretty lil thing... and I LOVE the collar we picked out. It matches her color perfectly (wow, that sounded retarded!) She LOVES to cuddle, which I LOVE, however I know I will regret it when she's bigger. We've been doing VERY well on keeping her off the couch. I don't want her hoggin' the hole thing, so I found a HUGE bed for her on Overstock, which will be here Friday.
She stays in the backyard during the day, and Cooper worries about her. Believe it or not, she does REALLY well back there though!!
We held onto Bentley's old bed (couldn't bring ourselves to get rid of it), so Dallas has been sleeping in it. She doesn't seem to mind at all that there is another dogs hair all over it. She even plays with all of his old toys!
In looking at this next pic, I realize that we need to do some weeding!!! HA!!!
She's really looking forward to meeting the other 4-legged kids in our extended families. She can't wait to meet Red, Bruski and Teak!!
Welcome to the family Dallas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful!!!

(and Scott is very jealous!)