Thursday, August 18, 2011

First day of Kindergarten

Well, Cooper is officially in KINDERGARTEN!! He started his first day on August 3rd, 2011.He even made me take a picture of his shoes...For the past few years, Cooper has been talking about how he couldn't wait to ride the big bus to school. I was CONVINCED that as soon as the bus pulled up, he was going to change his mind. But boy was I wrong. Cooper jumped right on that thing so fast that I didn't even have time to take a picture!!!! I stood there staring at the place the bus was just parked, not sure what to do with myself. (My neighbor found this quite hilarious) I have to admit, I cried alllll the way to work. :)

When I went to ASP (After School Program) to pick him up, he came RUNNING at FULL speed towards me and gave me the biggest hug EVER. He even had the BIGGEST smile on his face. It was such a relief to know his first day was a success.Cooper has been doing SO well getting on the bus. I'm so proud of him. I can tell he's nervous, and unfortunately he doesn't talk to ANY of the kids on the bus. For some reason he likes to sit as close to the front as possible.... and he can't WAIT for when it rains and he gets to see those big windshield wipers in motion. One of our friends down the street has a second grader, and he (Julian) rides the bus, so hopefully those two boys will be best friends in no time. (Coop likes him because "he has cool shoes". Go figure).

Those first three days were quite eventful - first day was AWESOME, second day he ran into a little girl - giving them both big knots on their heads. Then the third day, he ran smack into the gym wall, attempting to "save" a ball. That gave him a big knot and bruise on the OTHER side of his head. Luckily, we've had no accidents since then. :)
Here are some pics of Cooper from these first 2 weeks of Kindergarten...One day after school Cooper even helped me refill Dallas' swimming pool... She LOVES drinking out of the hose

No comments: